Lakefield - Lake District, Lake District self-catering. Near Sawrey, Hawkshead, Visit England 4 star rating - Lake District UNESCO World Heritage site
Lakefield House is ideal for a family or family groups, sleeping up to ten people. VisitEngland 4 star rated, it comprises:
- Stunning views of Esthwaite Water and the Coniston fells through huge picture windows.
- 5 bedrooms (one king-size four poster, one king-size, one double and two twins).
- 4 luxurious modern bathrooms (3 en-suites) plus additional WC.
- Modern fitted kitchen, well-equipped with modern appliances.
- Magnificent large sitting room with open fire and superb views.
- Dining room seats 10+, again with great views.
- Second sitting room (upstairs), also with super views.
- Table tennis table, lots of games, puzzles DVDs,
videos and PS2 5 flat screen TVs, 2 with Free Sat.
- Beautiful gardens.
- Private drive, parking for 4-5 cars
- Free WiFi.
Lakefield Cottage (also known locally as Potters Cottage) is a cosy cottage which adjoins Lakefield House, sleeps 2-3 people, and has amazing views from the sitting room and bedroom. Visit Britain 4 star rated, it comprises:
- One bedroom (one king-size and one single bed).
- Sitting room/diner kitchen with luxurious fittings.
- Flat screen TV (Freeview), DVD, video.
- Luxury bathroom.
- Small private enclosed rear garden.
- Parking for one car.
- Free WiFi
Both the House and the Cottage have wonderful views over Esthwaite Water and the Coniston fells beyond (see Gallery) and offer self-contained, luxurious self-catering accommodation.
The Owners: Guy and Jane bought Lakefield House and Cottage in 2007. Guy's grandfather was from Cumbria and his parents (from Tyneside) brought him to the Lakes on many family holidays . In the early 1980's Guy introduced Jane (from the Midlands) to the magic of Lakeland.Before they bought Lakefield, they had previously rented many holiday cottages across the UK from which they learnt many lessons(!). They wanted a holiday home that was very spacious, had wonderful views, plenty of bathrooms (the "20 minute-wait-for-the-bathroom-to-come-free-in-the-morning" was to be avoided at all costs!), comfortable beds with high quality matresses and plenty of parking. Moreover, they hoped to provide a focal point for gatherings of families and friends in a house which felt like a home rather than a "bare" or "spartan" holiday let - hence all the books and games, log fire etc. It was also important that there should be a characterful pub (serving good food) within walking distance and great walks from the front door. Finally, it was essential that their holiday home should be in a be in a peaceful but but convenient location in the central Lake District. When they found Lakefield, all the boxes were "ticked".
- Picturesque village, famous as Beatrix Potter's home.
- Historic village pub (Tower Bank Arms) 4 minutes' walk from Lakefield serving excellent food.
- Peaceful position on village fringe.
- Hawkshead 5 minutes by car - Coniston and Ambleside 15 mins by car.
- Beautiful walks from the front door.
Near Sawrey is centrally located on the west side of Windermere and gives easy access to the central, southern and western fells, as well as to Ambleside, Bowness/Windermere (via the ferry) and Hawkshead, with its numerous restaurants/inns and shops.
Lakefield House and Cottage can be booked separately or, for larger parties, together (depending on availability).
Tesco etc can deliver food/groceries.
The House and Cottage are very popular - many families and groups of friends come back year after year - so please book early to avoid disappointment. Linen is included in the rental (and towels can also be provided for £3.50 per person per week).
Both the House and Cottage are No Smoking properties. We accept house-trained dogs (sorry,no cats).
Please call 01223 362727 if you have any questions, for bookings and availability or email email@example.com
Click on the images to enlarge