Terms & Conditions
All bookings shall be made on the following terms and conditions:
1. Provisional bookings can be made by telephone and held for three days. The reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of the deposit. A rental deposit (non-refundable) of one-third of the rental is required on booking with the balance paid eight weeks before the first day of the holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the holiday, the full amount is to be paid at the time of booking. Bookings are from 4pm on the day of arrival until 10 am on the day of departure. Heating (but not logs or coal), electricity and bed linen are included in the rental. Towels are not included in the rental but are available at a cost of £3 per person per week and consist of a bath and hand towel - towels are not to be removed from the property. A good housekeeping deposit of £200 (for the House) or £100 (for the Cottage) must be sent with the balance of the rental.
2. Once the booking is confirmed the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. In the event of cancellation by the Hirer the Owners will endeavour to re-let the property (but may do so at a lower rental) and, if successful, make a refund of monies paid less the rental deposit, which is non-refundable, two weeks after the conclusion of the replacement rental. No refunds will be given on cancelled short breaks or bookings which are made within four weeks before the start of the holiday, whether or not the property is re-let. We recommend that holiday insurance, including cancellation insurance, be taken out. If for any reason the property is not available or has been rendered unsuitable for holiday letting (for example, but without limitation, by reason of fire, damage or system fault or failure) the Owners will refund in full all rent and any good housekeeping deposit paid by the Hirer, but there will be no further claim against or liability the Owners or any agent of the Owners in respect thereof or in respect of any associated or consequential loss.
3. Method of Payment - Payment shall be made by cheque, unless the booking has been made at short notice when a BACS transfer may be requested. No VAT is currently (at the time of preparation of these Terms and Conditions) charged on the rental, but if the situation changes and it becomes payable, it will have to be added to the rental.
4. The Hirer is responsible for the holiday accommodation and its equipment and furnishings during the period of their stay and for the obligations and conditions of the booking. The accommodation, furnishings, equipment, utensils etc. should be left in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which found. The Hirer shall not and shall ensure that each member of its party shall not cause any disturbance, nuisance or annoyance to any neighbour of the property.
5. In the case of any problems, please contact the Owners or the Owners' agent or representative immediately and every reasonable effort will be made to rectify any problem. Complaints not reported during occupancy cannot be investigated at a later date. Whilst the Owners will do everything reasonable within their power to effect speedy repairs to the property and/or furnishings, equipment, appliances or facility that may breakdown, be faulty or fail during the holiday, no guarantees are given and no refunds will be made should any such fault, failure or breakdown occur and not be remediable or rectifiable either immediately or during the holiday.
6. The Owners or their representative(s) shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy for the purpose of inspection or to carry out works or repairs deemed by the Owners necessary to the property or the equipment and fittings. Without limitation, this shall include access to the garden for the gardener (who usually comes once a week) or window cleaner.
7. The number of persons using the accommodation (except for babies in cots where applicable) shall not exceed the maximum stated (10 people for Lakefield House and 3 people for Lakefield Cottage), unless previously arranged. Cots are deemed suitable for babies up to 2 years. No person shall stay or be permitted to stay in the garden or drive and, without limitation, no person shall stay or be permitted to stay in any part of the premises in a tent, marquee, gazebo, temporary structure, caravan, mobile home, RV or any other similar structure or vehicle and the erection of any tent, marquee, gazebo or any temporary structure in any part of the property is expressly prohibited .The Owners reserve the right to refuse admission to any persons or animals not named or identified when making the reservation or agreed to in writing at an earlier date. This booking is personal to the Hirer and cannot be assigned, sub-let, sub- licensed or passed to any other person.
8. No liability is accepted by the Owners for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be suffered or sustained by the Hirer or any member of the party or any invited person or vehicle or its contents or any property or possession of the Hirer or any member of the party or any invited person. Please take out your own insurance. To the extent that the Owners are liable for any such loss, damage, sickness or injury the Hirer agrees to indemnify the Owners in full for such liability.
9. The property is strictly non-smoking. In addition to condition11 below, if in the opinion of the Owners or the Owners' agent, smoking has occurred on the property in breach of the above undertaking the Owners will have the right to forfeit all or part of the good housekeeping deposit (without limitation to the generality of condition 13. below) as may, in their or their agent's opinion, be required to pay for any damage and to defray the expense of cleaning and airing the property.
10. One well behaved pet (we do not accept cats) is accepted by prior arrangement only. All dogs and any other pets are to be kept under strict and proper control at all times. They must not be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation or allowed on the furniture and beds or behind/under curtains. They should be walked away from the grounds for toiletry purposes. On your departure the cottage should be vacuumed to remove any hairs that may have accumulated and no sign of any pet shall be evident in the property or garden on departure. No nuisance or annoyance shall be caused to any neighbour by any pet of the Hirer or member of the party.
11. In the event of any breach of these conditions by the Hirer, the owner or their agent may re-enter the premises and thereupon the hiring created shall absolutely determine.
12. In addition to condition 2, in the event of cancellation by the Owners, any deposit or rent will be reimbursed in full but this will represent the full extent of the owner’s liability and the Owners will not be liable for any other loss howsoever arising. Whilst the details of the property on this website are to the best of the Owners' knowledge are correct, the Owners reserve the right to make changes to the website and property and contents as they think fit. The Owners are not responsible for any changes or closure to area amenities, services or attractions. The property’s contents and decoration may change/be renewed from time to time and therefore may not be exactly as shown or stated on the web site.
13. Any damages or breakages must be paid for although accidental damage/breakage of a minor nature may, at the Owners' discretion, not be charged for. Please leave a note for our house-keeper so that any breakages can be replaced or repaired. The Hirer agrees that the good housekeeping deposit may be used to offset the cost which, in the Owners' or the Owners' agent's opinion, is required to remedy any damage, loss and/or breakages or carry out any additional cleaning (beyond that usually undertaken on changeover day) to restore the property to its original clean and satisfactory state. Any balance not so required will be refunded to the Hirer. This and condition 11 shall be without any prejudice to any other rights and remedies of the Owners.
14. The lead name on the booking is responsible for the behaviour of the party and for the condition in which the property is left at the end of the holiday and shall be (along with each adult member of the party) jointly and severally liable in respect of the obligations of the Hirer under these Terms and Conditions and agrees that he or she is contracting as agent for each adult member of the party and will be responsible for compliance by each member of the party with these Terms and Conditions.
Please call 01707 875279 or 07713072361 for bookings and availablity or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lakefield House, C/O 44 The Ridgeway, Cuffley, Herts, EN6 4BA